On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24 in Durban, currently requires the services of a DC Supervisor (Warehouse Coordinator).
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as DC Supervisor (Warehouse Coordinator), reporting to the Branch Manager. The position will be based at their offices in Durban.
Main purpose of the role
- To coordinate and manage the flow of work and resources in the warehouse in such a manner that daily production targets can be achieved and client SLA’s adhered to.
- Grade 12
- Degree in Logistics, Supply chain, retail, warehousing
- Previous work experience in E-commerce warehouse.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a distribution centre or production environment;
- At least 2-3 year’s supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of production processes, standards and procedures;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of good practice (e.g. labour legislation, OHSA);
- Proficient in relevant software packages and applications.
Skills and Competencies
- Problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Pressure resilience
- Results orientation
- Plan, implement and manage the principles, processes and procedures for the functional areas of responsibility;
- Managing service provider’s team output to ensure it meets or exceeds deadlines and quality standards;
- Provide guidance, support and direction to improve and/or increase productivity activities within the functional teams to ensure that all the teams operate at an optimum level;
- Monitor progress to track performance against the daily plan and to identify early-warning signs;
- Identify trends and deviations and initiate taking of corrective action;
- Drive compliance with lead times and SLA, correcting where necessary;
- Training on and monitor compliance of standard operating procedures, taking corrective action where required;
- Monitor stock inventories, acting on reported deviations;
- Coordinate and monitor the monthly stock cycle counting process;
- Confer with Service provider leadership to determine status of production plan and review factors that affect plan;
- Act on Account Manager queries and complaints, investigate and identify underlying issues, resolve and provide feedback timeously;
- Coordinate and monitor the day-to-day activities of the production teams and ensure all employees and external service providers are suitably qualified and competent;
- Expedite operations that delay production plan and alter plan to meet unforeseen conditions;
- Prepare production reports monthly or as required to assist with management decision-making;
- Ensure that reporting information is accurate and provided on time;
- Plan, select, develop and maintain suitable people capabilities for area of responsibility, and
- Supervise, lead and maintain a motivated and high-performance team;
- Space and capacity planning;
- Manage certain costs within allocated budget and place purchase orders on procurement system; and
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and health, safety, and quality guidelines.